Rule 1: Perception is 2/3 of the law.
- People believe anything! So you already have the upper hand.
- Never say: “I am so broke” or “ I can’t afford to do that” when your friends ask you to join them for dinner at a new expensive restaurant and you don’t feel like shelling out $100 for the most awesome piece of sushi ever. Seriously I like a good piece of sushi, but that fish better be spiked with eternal youth if that is what I am spending.
- Say this instead:
- “I can’t make it tonight because I need my beauty sleep; I have a super busy weekend ahead." - Wow she is popular!
- “I am so slammed at work, its going to be a late night at the office." - She is so productive, and important! Such a dedicated worker surely commands a high salary.
- “I can’t make it tonight, I am saving for the new Louis bag”. That way if you do (and I don’t advise this) purchase a fake LV bag your friends will automatically believe it is real, obviously unless I am your friend.
"Sorry Goldilocks I can't make it tonight I am redecorating the house aka cleaning the floors of my ugly stepmother's shack” – Cinderella