Friday, October 22, 2010

'The Lovely Stoned"




I managed to squeeze in some me time this afternoon, and since Netflix continues to be down (for what seems like an eternity, gaaw regular TV), I decided to peruse my DVR. Jackpot! Buried deep beneath 100 episodes of "Top Gear" and "How I Met Your Mother" I struck hidden chick flick treasure, "The Lovely Bones". Super excited I hit play and took a sip of my Coke Zero snuggling into the couch. I have not read the book (unbelievable I know), and had no idea what I was plunging myself into. All seemed pretty normal, until the little chick was murdered and then I started to feel weird. Staring at my soda I though someone at Coke must have laced a batch. It was like "Narnia" and "Ransom" had an awful messy drunken hook up and produced this film, which came out with a serious birth defect!

Oh Peter Jackson, I like a spaced out movie MORE than the next girl, and applaud your creativity. The visuals where "totally amazing dude",  but jeez, I seriously will NOT have what your are smoking, nightmares and crack cocaine, I presume! I was however, caught off guard by the ending. I was almost positive a hobbit was going to be the one to kill Stanley Tucci. Furthermore, I am very impressed that Mark Walberg has not served you a knuckle sandwich for enticing him to star in this "film". Lucky for you his anger management classes and new found love for the church must be working.

Watching this film was like waking up next to Dane Cook after a rough night of drinking, embarrassing & totally unsatisfying! Thanks Jackson, I will be billing you for 2.5 hours of my time.

XO

11 comments:

  1. i havent seen the movie yet but alice sebold is an amazing writer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Peter Jackson. HATED that movie. The mix of creepiness and dreamy sequences were just too much and over the top. It did not work at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was an exhausting book to read and movie to watch... But, I did it... Won't, again... but, they don't care 'cause they got my money...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the book but didn't see the movie. Too dark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the warning. I didn't read the book either and thought about watching the movie. Found, 2.5 hours of my time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might give the book a whirl, but the movie stinks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did read the book as well, but haven't seen the movie. After reading this, I really don't think I want to :(

    P.S. I left you a little surprise on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I forgot. I've tagged you because The Mom Chef tagged me with eight tortuous questions, that I've answered, and now I can torture you and seven other of my blogging friends with eight new questions. You'll find it all here on my other blog, Rockin' Chair Reflections http://bit.ly/9c2n9T.

    Looking forward to your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cinderella, Project Supermom has picked you as one of the best and has given you an award! Come see me at http://projectsupermom.blogspot.com to pick it up. Thanks for fun and interesting reads...I enjoy them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, the movie would have been good if they hadn't filmed it on acid! Just found you through blog frog, we're BFFs. Love the shoes.

    Taylor
    www.maryjanesandgaloshes.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol yeh i found the scenery prettyu trippy... the actual movie is actually very sad, seeing as young girls get raped and murdered more frequently than we would like to know, I guess it spread awareness that this kind of horrible stuff really does happen! I wouldnt recommend this movie to anyone as it is super dark...but I did feel sad for the girl so I guess in that aspect the actors did well and the director did his job lol.

    ps... LOVE the shoes. *gasps* are you a AU shoe size 6 by any chance? haha

    www.happilyeverafterau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love the attention.
XO
C

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails