Monday, October 11, 2010

Julia Childs' Worst Nightmare



Tonight I am cooking in the attempt to earn my keep! As I have mentioned in my passed posts, I have not been working for the better half of a month and, I am going nuts to say the least! I thought this was what I really wanted, once I got married, to be a housewife, sitting , laying, walking around looking pretty all day - one of my best talents. Unfortunately to my surprise it is not as glamorous at is sounds.

So I am taking up new hobbies, like cooking. I think it is about time I offer Prince Charming more than a variety of five dishes on regular rotation. He is out there working to the grind each day just to keep me happy, so I am ready to return the favor (in a new way)! Tonight I am starting out with cooking 101,
Eggplant Parmesan

Hopefully this dish is fool proof! Wish me luck! I will have Tums, Mylox, and Pepcid AC on hand should Prince Charming start to kill over...

Here's to new begininngs!

"Earning my keep in the castle is harder than it seems"

12 comments:

  1. That's one of my favorite dishes, I hope it goes well!

    xx,
    Delilah

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds good. How did it turn out?
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just face it with confidence! It's just a vegetable and you're the master... You go, girl! Let us know how it turned out... Come visit when you can...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for join Fowllow me Monday.
    Have a nice day.
    Nan
    http://beonefineday.blogspot.com
    http://qualitytime-nan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower from TTA. Yay for cooking!! Hope to see you soon at www.wishnonstars.com - The Simple Things Thanks :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a new follower from the Tuesday hop! I like your blog! I'm also learning new cooking skills since becoming a housewife lol

    http://hooyahwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey :) I found you on Tuesday Tag-Along and I am now following you with GFC: Allana890
    Hope to see you on my blog. Have a great Tuesday!

    http://allana890.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just popping in from the Tuesday hop. Great blog! I'm now following. Stop by when you get a chance!

    living well, spending less

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope it turns out well. I'm Italian, so the ability to make anything parmesan is kind of in my blood.

    Seriously, I highly recommend the William Sonoma series of cookbooks. I have a bunch that I got eons ago and I continue to make a number of recipes in them. They would probaby be under their WS Essentials series today.

    Happy cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you put new batteries in the smoke detector? That's how I know when dinner's done.

    Good luck - - I hope this gets you out of doing dishes.

    http://TheSurvivalMama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck!
    I did the stay-home thing for a while, too, but not by choice. (I was between jobs after my husband got transfered to another state.)
    I went nuts cooking everything under the sun. It didn't help that we were temporarily in an apartment and everything we owned was in storage. If it wasn't for house-hunting and job-seeking, I'd have lost it.
    At least we ate well!

    I gave you an award over at my blog: http://whoisthegrownup.blogspot.com/2010/10/out-of-mouths-of-babes.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fang Jianming said: "Although not fully recovered, but better social one seven thousand seven hundred eighty-eight.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love the attention.
XO
C

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails