Monday, October 4, 2010

A Happy Potter Anniversary




My close friends are aware of my unnatural love for Harry Potter - it is not something I openly admit until I feel like we have reach a certain point in our friendship - like the point I know you will not burst out laughing and run out the door.  But if you happen to be standing next to me when my phone rings my secret is revealed- aaw Harry Potter theme music, magical every time! My obsession began when I saw the first 2 movies back to back and I was hooked. Drama, magic and intrigue what more can you ask for? This stuff gives daytime telly a run for it's money. Since then I frantically read all the books in the series and continue to enjoy Harry Potter movie marathons (thanks ABC Family). I am also grateful that Daniel Radcliffe has finally emerge from puberty and I no longer have to hide my crush on Harry in shame.

I am pretty sure I am not a total die hard wizarding weirdo and just have a healthy imagination and love for MAGIC Dumbledore style as I do not partake in the following:

I don't read the Leaky Cauldron, too often.
I don't listen to Wizard Rock, but I love singing nerds aka Weezer & Vampire Weekend
I did watch the documentary We are Wizards, but purely for social study purposes
I don't wear Harry Potter style clothing and my collection of J.Crew preppy stripped scarves do not count!
I don't openly search for Platform 9 3/4 at the metro station (unless something looks suspicious suggesting its existence)

So with great excitement it came to my attention that the stars will align for me in the month of November, bring together 2 of my loves - Harry Potter and Prince Charming (in no particular order of preference). Drumroll (dadadadah!)Harry Potter and The Deadly Hallows will be opening the weekend of my one year wedding anniversary in 3D IMAX! Even captain obvious knows what this means. We must go celebrate our anniversary at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando! Logical right?

I am grateful for Prince Charming who is planning to indulge me in this ridiculous wedding anniversary wish.  Am I nuts for trading tickets to Daniel Tosh and a night at a fancy downtown hotel for downing butter beer which I will promptly throw up on The Flight of the Hippogriff?

"Expelliarmus"

5 comments:

  1. oh.my.good.ness I AM SO JEALOUS!!! my girlfriend over at "if you're a bird i'm a bird" was at HPW this summer and had an amazing time... you must must must post pictures and stories!

    i just re-read chamber of secrets. i live for the HP books. did you see her on oprah recently???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes so excited will def. post pics! Watched J.K.R. on Oprah such an amazing story, inspires me everytime to keep writting!

    XO
    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm here to tell you, you are going to love it! I was never big into HP, but I was lucky to be able to attend the grand opening of WWOHP at Universal Orlando as a result of my job, so I was able to see Daniel and the rest of the cast (sans Emma) in person (tacky name dropping...I know, but I can't resist). It is amazing! And, the Butter Beer is out of this world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO totally with you!!! I haven't even tried to hide by complete and total fascination with Daniel Radcliffe or Hogsworth! So disappointed at how the series ended - thought about writing a little letter to old J.K. but didn't - it's one thing for your entire family to look at you like your nuts every time the HP theme plays but I'd like to keep my reputation on this side of the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA! Thanks ladies I am glad I am not alone! Bottoms up with the butter beer!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love the attention.
XO
C

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails