Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mediums or Just Large Liars!

After a long day at my dead end job and a late night trip to Starbucks, I finally crawled into bed and click on the TV. To my delight a new HBO documentary on a town of mediums (psychic or psychos whichever you’d prefer) was just about to begin – perfect timing, or is it meant to be?

The Little town of Lilly Dale in upstate New York claims to have the highest population per capita of registered mediums in the world. I quickly want to know how they came up with that measurement. Did they survey the underworld? I wonder if Charon, the boatman, uses a people counter as he ushers them down the river Styx into the portal of Hades.

So people travel from all over America (dare I say the world) to visit this Disneyland of the Dead hoping to meet with one of the many spiritual reverends (yes!)and get the answers they are looking for from their dead friends. Seriously in bumble F America you are seeking the truth to life?

I force myself to keep an open mind and watch diligently to see if these mediums can actually deliver. I am quickly surprised to learn that many of these mediums are in fact men. Am I being sexist? I thought mediums are women and genies are dudes (or Xtina, who is close enough to a dude to pass this generalization).

As I watched the first subject walk into his reading, I observe right away that he is wearing a dog tag with this son’s picture in it; At this point I can only assume the genie excuse me medium does to. I am observant. The genie blurts out “Right away I can tell there is a presence of a child standing behind you and he wants you to know that he is happy and did not feel any pain”, okay I wait for the next big revelation??? His name, the day he died, info only this dude would know – something! It never came! The subject was so excited by this vague news he quickly explained how his son had been killed and that he is the one he is looking to speak with. The subject continues to be blown away that rev. medium genie knew this information. REALLY – you gave it up in five minutes with your bout of Montezuma’s of the mouth. Also in case you are blind; you are wearing your son’s picture around your neck!!!

Okay so one dope in a town full of mediums, maybe the next medium has got it going on. She begins by explaining that she is like a "human telephone to the dead” (girl if you have AT&T you are in for a rough connection)and speaking with the dead is a two way conversation. If you don’t respond the dead with hang up on you, rude!. By "respond" she clearly means - give me all the details first so I can make up some bullsh”t to blow your mind with.

At this point I turn it off and decide to take my chances making a spiritual connections with the dead in my sleep. Last night is when I had my first out of body experience. Am I being punished by the consortium of mediums? Do they have my number? Whatever! I have known for years that my signal is slightly off, good luck trying to reach me!

Learn more at: http://www.movieline.com/2010/07/no-one-dies-in-lily-dale.php

“Fairy godmother, I asked for a Bentley not a pumpkin, get your connection checked!” - Cinderella

19 comments:

  1. Hi!! I am stopping by from the blog hops!! I LOVE the title of your blog! That is so cute!! I am your newest follower! Feel free to drop by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, that stuff is total BS. btw, i'm rockin' your button on my blog now. Hope you had a GREAT vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hysterical!! I believe those kind of folks are total scam artists who can be very very intuitive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sensing that there is uncertainty in your beliefs and that you're, uh, I mean, ah, that you have a -- wait, let me see -- let me just go back over this post, for a second, because everything is a bit cloudy and... well, I'm feeling that you might pay me a visit but I don't want to spook you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a new follower and I would love a follow back!!
    http://www.mommykatie.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stopping in to see how you're doing... always lovin your posts! Giving you an award for being awesome like usual... stop by to pick it up.
    All the best,
    Kim

    http://amoroccan-acat-and-my-bigass.blogspot.com/2010/08/another-award_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting. When I want to talk to the dead, I call Larry King's show. This place sounds like a better bet than his show though. He never answers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh to talk to the dead....I'd be bitching and complaining to my dear departed dad about the crazy ass shit my mother's been doing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't have much faith in those psychics/psychos, either. A friend of mine worked for a psychic hotline and they were given a list of generalizations to use on people.

    Stopping by from the Nestwork to visit my neighbor. I enjoyed your post so much, I'm your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to all my new followers hope you come by again soon!

    Cheesboy I think Larry King is one of the living dead - maybe even a Vampire?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha love this post! I love how dumb people can be when talking to psychics. Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello from Social Parade! I'm your newest hanger on :) And it looks like I'm your 100th follower! Yay! Congrats! (About having 100, not necessarily b/c it's me, however I am pretty awesome :D )

    And yes, I've heard of that town before. Not a big psychic believer here, but I do find them terribly fascinating. I think I will check this site out. Thanx for sharing!

    <3MaryAnne

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am your newest follower from Social Parade! :)

    http://cheeriosandtricycles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heyy! Following from Follow Me Friday! Your blog is supppercute!

    http://yourworkistodiscoveryourworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey there,

    New follower from Social Parade; hoping you'll also stop by for a visit as well.

    Thanks so much,

    Marie

    The Things We Find Inside

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too funny.
    I'm sure none of them were offering their services for free to these greiving souls!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ding Ding Ding to Punkrockmom! Wish I could shower you with balloons and funfetti! Thanks for being #100!!! You rock!

    XO
    C

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love the attention.
XO
C

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails